Introduction to Python
What is Python ?
- Python is a high level Object Oriented Programming Language.
- Python is an interpreted language.
- Name of Python interpreter is python.
History of Python
- Python language is created by Guido Van Rossum in Netherlands.
- First version of Python is released in 1991.
- Programs written in Python are typically much shorter than equivalent C, C++ or Java code.
- Python source code have extension .py .
- By default Python source code files are treated as encoded in UTF-8.
- Python language don’t have any compiler. Python have only interpreter.